Table of Contents
Have you ever written a document only to find that it has grammatical and punctuation errors? Or, have you ever discovered that your writing contains plagiarized information from another website? Grammarly is an online editing tool that helps writers check for these types of mistakes. It also provides real-time guidance on how to correct these mistakes. For example, when a writer uses the wrong form of “you,” Grammarly will provide a suggestion for what the right word should be. Other features include detecting grammar and punctuation mistakes – basic to advanced – as well as checking for plagiarism by comparing one’s work with billions of web pages across the world wide web. Lastly, Grammarly can help self-edit your work by providing real-time insights about Grammarly’s readability.
What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is a writing tool that helps you check for several types of errors.
It detects grammar and punctuation mistakes – basic to advanced. It also provides real-time suggestions and guidelines on how to correct these mistakes, for example, errant commas.
Grammarly is a writing tool that helps you check for several types of errors. Grammar and punctuation: It detects grammar and punctuation mistakes – basic to advanced.
It also provides real-time suggestions and guidelines on how to correct these mistakes, for example errant commas.
Spell Check: It’s also a robust spell-check tool that keeps your writing mistake-free.
Plagiarism: Grammarly detects plagiarism, by comparing your writing to billions of web pages across the web.
Plagiarism is the use of someone else’s work without giving them credit.
This feature really comes in handy when you’re writing a thesis.
Most writers don’t realize that there’s a plagiarism checker that can be found on sites such as Google Scholar.
They may have placed everything they have ever written out there for the world to see, but unfortunately, there are times when you need to place extra caution and double-check things.
This is where Grammarly comes in; it’s an incredible tool for learning new things and assisting with any type of writing project that you have right now.
Writing Style It will also help you self-edit your work by providing real-time insights about your Grammarly readability score, sentence-length and so on. This is extremely helpful for adapting your genre-specific writing style for a particular audience. It’s great for finding mistakes in your writing that you have never noticed.
Menu Grammarly offers a wide variety of features that can assist with written expression with quality. The menu is very simple and concise, so it’s easy to navigate quickly while you’re in the writing process.
One of the best aspects of Grammarly comes with its cloud-based software which allows you to use on multiple devices (PC, Mac, smartphones or tablets). You can also set up several user accounts for different purposes and have unlimited access to all features.
Services The service is also available as an app on most modern smartphones and tablets.
Who Is This Grammar Checker Good For?
This service is great for anyone who is a novice in understanding proper grammar and punctuation.
If you’re not familiar with the basic rules of grammar, you can easily learn the rules from Grammarly.
You don’t need to have any background or knowledge of proper writing; writers from different genres find it convenient to use this tool.
Whether you are publishing blogs, articles, or even thesis papers, Grammarly is designed to help you maximize your ability to write well.
You don’t have to hire an editor because it will do all the editing for you and give you feedback on any areas that need attention.
The price is a little steep because it’s at $119 per year. But if you’re looking for a solid, reputable tool to help you write better, it’s definitely worth the cost.
The subscription plan will give you unlimited access to some of the most advanced features. The free version provides enough features for most beginners, but if you’re curious about trying the premium service – there is a 7-day free trial available which allows you to test everything out before you pay for your subscription.
Is Grammarly Easy To Use?
Thanks to the apps for Windows and Mac, the web Grammarly extension and even mobile ones, it takes only a few minutes to install Grammarly and make this real-time grammar and spelling checker part of your writing workflow. Within an hour, you can start using Grammarly on all your devices and there is no need to deal with the complicated installation procedures.
Grammarly is not only easy to use but it’s also very intuitive: you just need to paste the text that you want to check, and everything else will be done automatically.
There are few features that can improve your writing quality with this tool:
– Real-time feedback – You always have access to real-time feedback about the correctness of your sentences. Just type few sentences of text and a message pops up on your screen indicating the number of mistakes in your sentence.
– Grammarly learns – When you are using a specific feature, such as document review, it is better to stop using it every time you see a mistake. If you do that, you will create a habit of missing the mistakes and ignoring them. However, if you keep using Grammarly, eventually it will learn from previous experiences and understand the kind of mistakes that you make. The same goes with spelling; once it learns your vocabulary and the misspelled words in your writing, the accuracy improves dramatically.
– Grammarly keeps working – Once installed on your browser, Grammarly works in the background and checks everything that you write online.
– Manual review – You can always turn off the real-time feedback, but you should still try to improve your writing skills by checking different parts of your text. This way you learn how to avoid those mistakes in the future.
– Grammarly will make you a better writer
While these features are great, this is not an end to Grammarly’s usefulness.
If you write a lot, or if you believe that writing is a skill that needs constant attention, then there are multiple ways how Grammarly can improve your writing skills in general.
Where To Use Grammarly?
You may be surprised to know that Grammarly is not only a great proofreading tool for bloggers, writers and students. It can also be used for different purposes, including:
– Grammarly is a powerful spelling correction tool – You make mistakes without realizing it when you type fast. As you write more, you make more mistakes. For example, if you’ve ever had an argument on Facebook or Twitter with someone and typed something in anger which contained typos and capitalization errors, then you know how this feels. So there are two ways how this happens: 1) You are not paying enough attention when typing 2) You are writing too fast which causes typos and capitalization mistakes. This is why Grammarly is a great spelling correction tool for bloggers. It helps you to write better and avoid embarrassing mistakes.
– Grammarly is a powerful sentence structure tool – Have you ever read an article that was well written, but still felt like there was something wrong? There was a grammatical mistake that you could not pinpoint, but you knew it was there. This happens when you approach writing in two ways: 1) You do not pay enough attention when reading 2) You are only reading what is on the screen (which is just words) and not what your brain interprets from those words.
How Much Does Grammarly Cost?
Grammarly Premium monthly subscription costs $29.95 per month. Grammarly Premium quarterly subscription costs 19.98 per month, billed as one payment of $59.95. Grammarly Premium annual subscription costs $11.66 per month, billed as one payment of $139.95.
Grammarly Free Vs Grammarly Premium?
Grammarly Premium is the premium version of Grammarly with a few features that are not available in the basic version. Here are some of the differences between Grammarly free and premium. Grammarly Premium The premium version of Grammarly is an online tool that will help you better perform as a professional through a step-by-step course to improve your writing. You will need to purchase a subscription for the full version before you can use it. Premium users have access to all features of the app and on-demand webinars, eCourse, and video training. Grammarly Free Come with our warning: If you are looking for a free grammar checker, you might be disappointed. Most of the features are not available in our free edition. In order to use some functions like creating sentences, we have to pay for the app and subscribe for premium version – only at $29.95 per month or 19.98 per month, billed as one payment of $59.95 you can do it.
Main differences between these two versions of Grammarly are:
There is a premium version that is known for its accuracy and this version is more suitable for students, writers and professionals who want to improve their writing skills .
How Accurate Is Grammarly And How Can It Help Writers?
Grammarly has proven to be a very accurate tool in checking for mistakes. It is very difficult to find a grammar checker that can flawlessly distinguish between right and wrong, but this tool really delivers. It will catch small errors such as spelling mistakes, apostrophes, capitalization and punctuation errors.
However, such a powerful tool has to be able to distinguish between the two types of errors: errors that are just annoying (or embarrassing) and basic grammatical mistakes.
Grammarly can distinguish between these two types of mistakes with its advanced algorithm. This algorithm has become so effective because of the sort of data it draws from millions of data sources on the web. Grammarly is continuously learning your writing preferences, and you will see that the quality of your writing improves over time.
The free version that is available for download on the web checks for around 500 errors a day. With the premium version that is only available with a subscription, you can make up to 5000 corrections per day (depending on how many corrections are requested).
Apart from these two options, Grammarly also provides users with a mobile app for phones and tablets and desktop versions for computers.
What Are The Other Features Of Grammarly?
Another great feature of Grammarly comes with its cloud-based software which allows you to use on multiple devices (PC, Mac, smartphones or tablets).
Grammarly Vs. A Human Proofreader?
You might be wondering, can Grammarly replace a human proofreader? After writing this Grammarly review, my answer is no. While Grammarly may be regarded as a grammar checker, it is much more than that. It is not a tool for general-purpose writing; it monitors your writing as you write in what will impact your progress in the long run. It is easy to spot a few obvious mistakes and see if you are doing OK in that area. However, Grammarly will help you spot mistakes that most human proofreaders tend to ignore, such as certain nuances of language and word usage. There are two reasons why I say this: 1) With so many attributes at play in written language, proofreaders cannot possibly be aware of them all without specialized training. Rather than doing what they do best, we rely on these professionals to help us with the areas that we struggle. 2) In the age of globalization, written language has had to adapt to a range of cultural and linguistic differences. Language is constantly evolving in ways that cannot be controlled. Grammarly was specifically designed to address such problems of modern writing.
Should You Get Grammarly Premium?
If you are serious about improving your writing and writing skills, then yes. There is a high chance that you will benefit from using the service. It has helped students improve their grades and writers with its fancy features. If you use it on a daily basis to check your work, then you will notice an improvement in your writing skills on top of all of the grammar-related tips it provides.
You also have access to the Premium edition of Grammarly online which will allow you to download this awesome tool on most modern devices so that you can check your work wherever you go. You can use the app for Windows and Mac, or even use it on your smartphone or tablet if that is more convenient for you.
Grammarly pro and cons
Grammarly pros :
– It’s free to use for the most basic features and there’s an option for students, teachers and bloggers.
– It has a variety of different integrations, including Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Google Docs, Gmail, and more.
– It was developed by experts in linguistics and has been improved over time with the help of data collected from more than 100 million users.
– Grammarly is not at all cheap. The annual cost alone is $119 which makes it difficult to justify as a premium service for students or bloggers.
How to get Grammarly at an affordable price?
Is Grammarly accurate?
Yes, Grammarly is accurate when it checks for grammar errors and spelling mistakes.
What is Grammarly?
Developed in 2009, Grammarly is a spelling and grammar checker that detects grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, and style mistakes as you write on websites, emails, Word documents, social media , and so much more.
How does Grammarly work?
You just install Grammarly’s browser extension, and it works while you type into Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Google Docs, and more.
What apps do Grammarly support?
Grammarly also integrates directly with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Is Grammarly easy to use?
Yes, Grammarly is easy to use.
What are the drawbacks of Grammarly?
Benefits: Helps identify weak adjectives and better options (Premium) Points out overuse of particular words Shows sentences that are too long and wordy Claim Discount Now Pros: Helps improve your writing skills Accurate grammar and readability suggestions Conforms to your writing style (academic, casual, creative, etc.) Adjustable formality levels: formal, neutral, and informal Can use it as a browser extension or import text into their browser-based service Integrates with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Google Docs Real-time grammar and spell check App available on iOS and Android Works great for all sorts of writers, not just authors Premium version has a plagiarism checker Easy to use and understand Affordable Cons: Website editor only allows documents up to 4 MB and 100,000 characters Google Docs integration is still in beta Free version only checks for errors in spelling and grammar, not style and context Grammarly’s website resizes awkwardly on split-screen view, no scrolling Its marketing can be very pushy for you to buy the premium version It comes nowhere close to replacing a human editor Bottom Line: I use Grammarly for all of my writing.
My final verdict of Grammarly:
I highly recommend this paid version of Grammarly. If you write a lot, or if you are looking for a writing tool to help you check your grammar fast and easily, then the best option is to use Grammarly Premium. With a one-month free trial and support from customer service, it is definitely worth the investment.
– I would have liked that Grammarly provided some guidance as to how to improve your writing skills in general.– Larger selection of languages other than English.– Ability to assess the quality of your writing in general., Grammarly Premium can be used not only by students but also by those who need proofreaders for their presentations or written works. If you struggle with grammar and writing, and you would like to improve your skills, this premium tool will help you boost your credibility.
Disclaimer: This review is my own opinion. I have not received any compensation for writing this post. If you have any questions about Grammarly Premium please leave me a comment below so that I can help you.
I hope that my Grammarly review has been helpful to you! You might also want to read a few more grammar checker reviews:
‘Til next time…stay awesome! Pin It
Did you find this article useful? Don’t forget to share it on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, and Pinterest.